Win a £100 high street shopping voucher thanks to Gas Safe Register
As we enjoy the fine summer weather, Gas Safe Register is urging people not to be complacent when it comes to gas safety in the home. While we may not have our central heating on, 84% of people are still using gas appliances in the home, with 71% of people using a gas boiler and 49% continuing to use their hob.
The dangers of faulty gas appliances are extreme, in some cases fatal, yet despite this a fifth of people (19%) would only get their appliances serviced or checked if they stopped working. People are five times more likely to worry about the weather, or sunburn and hay fever this summer than carbon monoxide poisoning.
Nearly 1,300 homes and businesses were identified as unsafe by Gas Safe Register’s inspections team last summer due to dangerous gas appliances being found, 18% higher than the number of unsafe sites recorded in winter months.
This summer, Gas Safe Register is helping families become more aware of the dangers of unsafe gas appliances, by giving away a £100 high street shopping voucher along with a carbon monoxide alarm.
Gas Safe Register is the registration body appointed by the Health and Safety Executive to manage the Gas Safe Register in the UK, Isle of Man and Guernsey. It is a legal requirement for anyone carrying out domestic and commercial gas work to be registered with Gas Safe Register.
For more information visit www.GasSafeRegister.co.uk
Ends August 19, 2018.Official Rules
Share This Prize With Someone You Know Via: